Monday 22 July 2013

Manchester Metropolitan university graduate show

Just a post about the exhibition I went to with College the other month. Really excited about the possibilities this university had to offer and this is shown greatly though their students array of work. It is truly admirable the quality of the students work in the show, and displays the university's vast range of resources. This ranged from areas of speciality such as glassware, ceramics, film ect.
Some of the photos attached where just a few of the exhibits that really caught my eye and imagination to what possibilities could be had by studying at the university or any university for that matter. The work of Jade Alana Ashton. Her work showed inspiration from honeybees and their honeycomb structures. When speaking to the artist and asking questions via email, she informed me that her work is inspired by 'primarily narrative' ventures. In her own words, these are 'from children's literature to poetry to fairytales. I have a strong interest in politics, so like to know what's current and what's happening in the world. Flowers and anything vintage style, and a cluttered studio also inspires me. Finally - visiting places; I live in the Peak District, so going for walks around the countryside and being in places that are remote really calms and inspires my creative side.'
Overall, the trip was extremely helpful for me. I have learned how the students of Manchester work and what the university offers to their pupils. I am eagerly wanting to attend a undergraduate open day into the near future.
Jade Alana Ashton's display at the 3-D design section of the show
Close-up of Ashton's Accompanying Sketchbook
Ban Yahzeed Abadallah Hawamdeh's Work

No comments:

Post a Comment